Tuesday, June 16, 2009

It's been a while

Wow.... I can't believe it's been two weeks since I've updated.

The office has been out of control the past two weeks- but in a good way. I will try not to mention work on this blog because I don't want to be tied to my job, nor do I want anything I say to reflect on my place of work. That being said, I am very grateful for my job. I work with wonderful and inspiring people - people that do crazy big things in the music industry.

Every day I learn something new about the industry and about myself. I came into my job based mainly on personality - I was just as qualified as others but my personality scored the the gig. I could not be more grateful for everything that has gone into that: family, friends, and all my life experiences that make me who I am today. I am fortunate to have been brought in to such an accepting environment because these people are teaching me to be a professional everyday. And for that I am grateful, as I'm pretty sure some other company would have fired me by now.

Enough about that. I will now leave you with a quote from my boss that she told us today in staff meeting... one of the many jewels she bestowes upon us:

"You are only as good as the information given to you"

No comments:

Post a Comment