Monday, June 22, 2009

Trader Joes 4 Life

So this is completely off topic. But today, I felt compelled to tell you why YOU should shop at Trader Joes.

1. Mediterranean Hummus - nuff said. and if you add in a bag of carrots that's like $2 - you're good to go for the week.
2. The workers are probably the happiest people who will ever bag your groceries... period. And it's not the fake happy you get at publix where the have their protocol lines they have to say and you can tell they don't mean it.
3. The beer selection (AND if you're not in effing TN - you can get 2 buck chuck - which is really more like three but that doesnt rhyme so ya know... ) is unbeatable.
4. Price - you can't beat it
5. Free Samples - don't act like you don't like them. The other day I tried this milk made from almonds... and then i bought it... boo yah
6. Nutrition label- most things there are pretty health conscious and you're aren't going to see much that's god awful for you. And i gaurentee whatever they have is better than the equivalent at public or kroger.
7. Surprise items.. One time I was at the register and there were dried hibiscus petals for candy... naturally, I bought them. I will probably never buy them again, but if it were to ever come up in a conversation like "never have i ever eaten hibiscus petals..." I have.
8. Organic. Much of what they offer is organic and we should all be eating that.
9. They alter their name for different genres of food. Example: Italian trader joes is trader gorgios... awesome
10. I tried so hard to make it to ten so I'm going to go with Mediterranean humus again. I'm serious about this.

So go on out to trader joes, buy one of their reusable bags and change your life, for the better

No comments:

Post a Comment